Wednesday 22 June 2011

what I was born for

What exactly happens at the open door of one's local train? I'll try and explain to those of you who have forgotten to enjoy such minimalistic aspects of life.

See, my day, pretty much starts and ends with a train ride. The morning one - to where my day is to take me to – is hustled, crowded, hot, and hurried, but the one on my way back… a peaceful, observable, coloured and cool one. But one common thing through both, is Me time; one for planning my day, the other for letting my “lessons of the day” settle down in my tiny brain (of which I apparently only use no more than 1% - wtf?!).

Now, I’ve not always been a train person, in fact up until recent times, I’ve been a BEST person, and yes, this blog was very near to being titled “the open window of my BEST bus”, but I think the train aspect makes it more alluring in that sense (*cough*Slumdog Millionaire*cough*), especially to my not-Indian readers. Either way, I have always been a strong supporter of public transport – I heard that groan. Fine, I won’t go on a social responsibility tangent now, I’ll let your conscience do that bit for you, but this again brings me not having an exact decided topic for this post. *Yawn* Perhaps, I will blame sleeplessness.

I’ll tell you a little about the middle part of my day: Let’s begin with establishing the fact that one of my biggest fears ever, EVER, is public speaking. Now, going to Malaysia for VCon kind of helped me, but I haven’t really tested myself to an extent to get the disappearance of my fear stamped. So at the Kandivali system today, Rajesh asked me to go up and do the ground rules (I’ll go into the details of this soon), which basically involved me doing a 3 – minute talk in front of a good 50 people – WITHOUT A PAPER!

Now, I politely refused, and eventually struggled out of it, and was quite content with myself. Let’s just say that the presentation itself was near brilliant, and my motivation level to speak on stage rose. Rajesh, being a good upline like he is, struck my hot-iron of a brain to be moulded into agreeing to give a whole 45 minute – long presentation, next Wednesday, in front of a similar crowd.

Let’s just say I’ve only been listening to motivational songs ever since. So, yeah… Do wish me luck for the 29th, and prey I kick arse.

I shall be off now, watch the video for Firework by Kate Perry for extra dum.

Allah hafiz, amigos! 

1 comment: